Using a text editor e.g. notepad, open up the license.lic
1. Append the line VENDOR numinno with the keyword port and the desired port number
VENDOR numinno port=xxxx
where xxxx is the desired port number.
2. Save the file and restart the FLEXlm license server.
3. Once the server is started, the log file should show that the vendor daemon is started at the specified port.
16:00:07 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 27000
16:00:07 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
16:00:07 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 1234
16:00:07 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 1234 specified in license file
16:00:07 (lmgrd) Started numinno (pid 3560)
Update the Environment Variables (Windows)
- Go to System Properties
- Select the Advanced Tab.
- Press button "Environment Variables"
- You need to define an environment variable (can be user or system) names: NUMINNO_LICENSE_FILE and the value is the port@server_name.
- Restart Client (allows the new environment variable to be recognized).
Here's several other related links when searching Google.