NETWORK-FLOATING/CONCURRENT LICENSE SERVER INSTALLATION
Numerical Innovations, uses FLEXnet Publisher (formerly FLEXlm) for concurrent license management. All new and existing concurrent license customers will use FLEXnet Publisher to authorize each product user within their environment. (This does not apply to individuals who purchase individual user licenses.)
The procedure for installing and using FLEXnet Publisher is outlined completely in the following steps.
Follow the steps in the order presented and read through each step before proceeding. You may wish to print this page to use as a guide.
*If you need assistance, contact our Product Support at email@example.com.
*Instructions for using FLEXnet Publisher are detailed in the Macrovision FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide (PDF). See File: "flexnet_licensing_end_user_guide.pdf"
# Microsoft Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/10 (32-bit)
# Microsoft Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/10 (64-bit)
# Linux 2.6 Kernel or higher (32-bit)
# Linux 2.6 Kernel or higher (64-bit)
Getting FLEXnet Server
1. You should have received a Numerical Innovations Network Bundle which contains the following files:
a. network.txt (this document)
b. lmgrd (Server Daemon)
c. numinno (vendor Daemon)
d. lmtools, lmutils (FLEXnet supplied utilities)
e. flexnet_licensing_end_user_guide.pdf (FLEXnet Publisher instructions)
f. vcredist_x86.exe (for Windows 32-bit only)
2. Extract the files to a temporary folder.
3. Copy all the files from the temporary folder to the designated folder you choose on the FLEXnet server. This folder will be referred to as the FLEXnet folder in subsequent steps.
For Windows platforms, the default location to copy to is C:\FLEXnet. For UNIX and Linux platforms, select a location. Create these folders as needed.
If you have an existing FLEXnet installation, you can choose whether or not to overwrite the old files.
Generate your License File (*.lic)
4. To generate your License file, requires the following information about your FLEXnet server (Platform, Hostid, Hostname)
5. Select the platform of your FLEXnet server (Windows-32, Windows-64, Linux-32, Linux-64).
6. Determine your hostid. You can use the following procedure:
a. Open a command line window.
b. Navigate to the FLEXnet folder.
c. Run lmutil lmhostid. Note the space between lmutil and lmhostid.
d. If the system returns more than one hostid, use the first one that appears on the list.
7. Enter the hostname. If you are not sure of the FLEXnet server's hostname, you can run hostname from a command line on the FLEXnet server.
8. Fill out the Numerical Innovations - "Request License Form":
Note: You will receive your license key (via e-mail) within one business day.
Save and Configure your License File (*.lic)
9. Once you receive your License File (*.lic), save it to the FLEXnet folder.
10. Go to the FLEXnet folder and open license.lic in a text editor.
11. Edit the vendor path to match the path for the FLEXnet folder. When you are finished it should look something like:
VENDOR numinno C:\FLEXnet\numinno.exe (Windows)
where C:\FLEXnet is the path to the FLEXnet folder and numinno.exe is the daemon that checks each installation of the Numerical Innovations, LLC product to make sure it is authorized to run.
The UNIX and Linux path should reflect the path and folder you chose in Step 3.
Leave the rest of this file as is. Save and close it.
Start the FLEXnet Server and Install the Client
12. Start the FLEXnet server by opening a command line on the FLEXnet server while in the FLEXnet folder and typing:
lmgrd -c license.lic
13. Set the environment variable on each client as follows:
a. Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables. A dialog box appears.
b. Click New under System Variables. Another dialog box appears.
c. Enter NUMINNO_LICENSE_FILE in the top field.
d. Enter port@hostname in the bottom field. The default port is 27000. The hostname is the same one entered in Step 7. (Note: This step may not be required)
e. Click OK on each open dialog box until they are all closed.
On UNIX or Linux, type export NUMINNO_LICENSE_FILE=port@hostname on the command line. The default port is 27000. The hostname is the same one entered in Step 7.
Install to the Client
14. Install the Numerical Innovations, LLC product onto each local client machine for which you have a license, by following the installation instructions that came with the product CD (or download).
At this point, you can start the Numerical Innovations, LLC product on each client machine.
Windows Only - If you receive error message stating "Missing MSVCR80.dll" (or similar) When starting the vendor daemon "numinno.exe", you will need to install the Microsoft Redistribution utility: "vcredist_x86.exe". This will correctly include all required DLL's that you require.