Start a new topic

SOLDER PADS NOT PRESENTING CORRECTLY

SOLDER PADS LOOK FINE IN FAB 3000 BUT DON'T TRANSLATE TO AUTOCAD CORRECTLY.  I'VE BEEN USING YOUR PRODUCT FOR 7 YEARS AND 
I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS.

For DXF Export with Outlines only (no fill) please select Entity Output: "MERGE (Outline Only).

Note:  If problems persist please submit a support ticket so we may help directly, and if possible please let us know what version you are using.  I believe you may have an older version which does not have the option "Wide Polyline" as I suggested.

https://support.numericalinnovations.com/support/tickets/new

Thanks again.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I don't have an option for Wide Polylines, just Polylines, and when I use it my pads get Filled and there is no outer border line around the pad.  The pads appear black on my drawing and it's distracting.  Not a disaster, just not what I'm used to.

Since you asked, it would be nice if the pads in Polyline mode had an outline so I could ditch the fill. ; )

Thank you,

Tim

It appears those solder paste pads are unusually created with paths (i.e traces) instead of using a Flash (i.e Pads).  During DXF export you will want to use the Output paths As: "Wide Polyline with endcaps". (see below)

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment