Start a new topic

DFM Now doesn't start

Hi,

I've installed DFM now in one of our laptop with windows 7 OS. After installation the dfm now software doesn't start when tried to open it. I can see the DFM now process in task manager when I double click on desktop icon. But after few seconds it disappears from task manager. 

Can you please help to resolve this issue.

On our other laptop with windows 10 OS it works fine. 

1 Comment

Thanks for submitting a support ticket.

• If that doesn't seem to resolve the issue please try below:

I believe that issue is related to the anti-virus/firewall software on that computer which probably thinks DFM Now is a threat and shuts it down.  Try adding DFM Now executable to the "Allow List" of the anti-virus/firewall software and you should be fine. 

---

To verify that DFM Now is being shut down immediately you can view the "Task Manager" - press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and select "task manager".  Then start DFM Now  - if you see "DFMNOW-V8.exe" appear and then quickly disappear - means that it was shut off externally.  Here's more information explaining this situation, https://windowsreport.com/antivirus-blocking-exe-files/

Before starting DFM Now  you could try Right-Click over the DFM Now  icon (on the desktop) and select "Run as Administrator...".  This usually allows the program to run without interference.

----

Comment:  Most antivirus software tools are unintelligent and a simple rename of an executable file will allow it to run without being terminated.  Change the name of the DFM Now executable from "DFMNOW-V8.exe"  to "MyRenamed.exe" -- and double click that file to start it.

Best regards,

Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment