There are several ways to create and add a package in FAB 3000.
Question: Do you have an existing Gerber file (ODB++, IPC-2581, or IPC Netlist) which already contains the pads ?
If yes, than I would recommend you using the command "Build Components...".
1. Go to menu: Assembly / Built Component...
2. Select all pads for your component.
Note: Component pads are typically found on one of the the layer type: Paste, Mask, Top or Bottom metal.
3. Assign the package name and review all other settings.
Here's a quick tutorial (no sound) showing me perform these steps,.
If no, you can still create a component package from scratch - here's how: KTT0005B
1. Go to menu: File / New / Component...
2. Assign the Package Name, and press OK.
3. Go to menu: Add / Pin...
4. Pick the center point for your first pin (or enter the coordinates in the command console).
Note: You can select the Pin Width, Height, Properties, and more in the command bar
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all component pins.
Note: Once you're done adding all pins, make sure to Save your component. Menu: File / Save and Update Component...
Now switch back to the CAM editor and you can insert the component anywhere you prefer. Menu: Assembly / Insert Component...