Start a new topic

Panel Wizard Fiducials and Rails

As you can see from the attached .wrk file, the panel fiducials are not covered by TopMask or BottomMask for the dot of copper that needs to be uncovered by resist.  And the rails are all masked (that can't be right).  I can "manually add a fiducials instead of "Finish Panel", but then I'd have to add tooling holes etc.  What could be wrong here, I'm getting what seems to be the negative of what I want, but only on the panel portion when I use the panel wizard.   I looked for the solution in the forum, but the thread  that posed the same problem I have never actually ended with an answer, other than to manually add everything. 

Regards,

Jim

------------------------

Just to be clear, I've attached what I think the panel wizard should generate versus what it actually generated.  The attached .wrk file includes an autogenerated panel where I edited the left rail to to mask the fiducial "properly".  I also removed top and bottom blanket of silkscreen (why would one want that there).  I am new to panelizing so, if my thoughts on what it should look like are incorrect I was hoping you could advise me where I am wrong. Strange, but when I edited the left rail area, the fiducials from the right rail seemed to have disappeared.  I'm still having some difficulty understanding how this editor works I guess; it doesn't behave like most editors I use or have used.

Thanks,

Jim

------------------------

Thanks for sending a sample workspace file.  I will review it and have a response shortly.

When editing the fiducials in the FAB 3000 editor, please make sure you take the "Composite Level" into account.  Here's more information about Composite Level:

Best regards,
Simon

------------------------

1. To prevent a rail on the silkscreen and mask layer, please make sure to select "All Metal".   This will add rails only to the metal layers and not Silkscreen, Mask, etc.

2.  To just add a fiducial to the Mask layer, please add another circle with zero clearance, and have FAB 3000 place it on the Mask Layer.  You'll need to do this for both top and bottom mask layers.

This should give you exactly what you require without any additional editing.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Simon

------------------------

Thanks Simon,

That makes sense, it essentially tells the tool to automatically do
what I manually ended up doing. It seems that the defaults for the
wizard were incomplete/ incorrect. I think I know how this tool works
now. 

Thanks again,

Jim

Login or Signup to post a comment