Start a new topic

It would be very nice if Easygerb would leave the settings intact after gerber out. By that, I mean each and every time, text as an example, I have to set font, etc., change height. would be much better if you left last used values alone.

You can save all your settings (including fonts, Layer Merge, and more) using the Settings configuration file (*.egs).  You may Save and Open any EasyGerb configuration file (*.egs).  Once you are done setting up EasyGerb for a conversion (i.e. setup layer merge, and other settings) and before pressing OK to start your conversion, go to the EasyGerb menu:  File / Save Configuration File...
Note:  The next time you perform a conversion just Open the Configuration file and all settings are restored.

How to Save EasyGerb Settings file:

1. Start EasyGerb.
  2. Assign all EasyGerb options you typically use (for example assign layer options, text settings, merged layers, and other settings).
  3. Go to the EasyGerb dialog menu:  File / Save Configuration File...  (remember this menu is in the EasyGerb dialog - not an AutoCAD menu).
  4. Choose a location to save the EGS file (make sure you have "write" permission to that folder).

How to Open and Use EasyGerb settings file:

1. Start EasyGerb.
  2. Go to the EasyGerb dialog menu:  File / Open Configuration File...  (remember this menu is in the EasyGerb dialog - not an AutoCAD menu).
  3. Choose your EGS file you wish to use.
  4. EasyGerb settings will be updated.

Here's a Tutorial movie (no sound) showing how to Open and Save EasyGerb settings file:

I know this is an older video, but is there a way to have a custom configuration file autoload?

watched your video again, and the menu is in plain site.  I am sorry I did not see it.

now stuck because easygerb will not run at all.

Login or Signup to post a comment