Start a new topic

DXF to BITMAP - After the conversion I get an empty bitmap. I am unsure the conversion is even working.

DXF to BITMAP - After the conversion I get an empty bitmap. I am unsure the conversion is even working.

I have finally spent some time with ACE3000 generating high resolution bitmap files from a .dxf. One issue I have which is odd- I cannot open the files generated. I get a file- its size changes based upon the dpi setting but photoshop does not recognize the file type and cannot open it. Unsure whats going on, photoshop is clearly happy to open a file thats just white so this is not the origin of the photoshop error- but now I am unsure the conversion is even working. 

Incidently- the file sizes seem way high.  I was going to shoot for at least 20,000 dpi output which would indeed yield a large file- but even at 600 dpi were at 500 MB files and our image is pretty much exactly the dinensions of a CD dics- so maybe 6 inch circle. I can make 6500 dpi exports using a different means and get a ~500 MB file back but at 600 dpi with ACE I am seeing files of 500 MB and at 6000 dpi were at 5 GB which is just wrong... Can you help me to figure out what I must be doing wrong. I only care about .dxf --> bmp

I screwed up the units. Never really had to bother with this- that explains the file size issue and I think I have everything working now. Will email back and attach unit corrected file and final questions if I run into issues but tested at 600 dpi was perfect. Just waiting on processing high dpi image now and I would guess its all fine. Thanks and I apologize for asking a bit soon- just hammering away got me through a few missed dialogue boxes etc

Login or Signup to post a comment