Start a new topic

When I open more then one gerber at the same time in FAB3000 V7 the first one can not be exported anymore.

When I open more then one gerber at the same time in FAB3000 V7 the first one can not be exported anymore.
1 Comment

[QUOTE]Still using FAB3000 and have some problem with program, hoping You can help me. When I open more then one gerber at the same time in FAB3000 V7 the first one can not be exported anymore.  Video of problem attach: Open gerber TEST1-export OK, then open gerber TEST2-export OK, try to export again TEST1 – nothing to export?!  Ramain the same also when closing gerber TEST2. I'have this problem from the start, also before with V6. Hoping V7 will fix this problem but remain the same. My college were testing trial version and never had this problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sending the video.  You should only have "one" FAB 3000 screen open at the same time.  FAB 3000 cannot run with "multiple instances", and this is the reason why you are having problems with export.

I would recommend the following. 
1. Start FAB 3000 (only one instance).
2. Use Autoload to import as many gerber files as you like.  The you can use the layer control to navigate each gerber file separately.
3. You can successfully export which ever file you require.

Note: If you want to keep the Gerbers completely separate, FAB 3000 database supports hierarchy (which means it can handle multiple gerber jobs simultaneously -- so you don't need to have multiple FAB 3000 (instances ope).:

1. Start FAB 3000 (only one instance).
2. Use Import Test1.
3.  Create a new Job (menu: File | New | Job...)
4. Import Test2.
5. Create a new Job (menu:  File | New | Job...)
6. Import Test3...
Note: Now select between Job tabs, and export whichever file you require.

Note:  You can also insert Jobs into other jobs which makes it real easy to merge different gerber jobs together.  If you have created multiple jobs, try using menu:  Job | Insert... to insert other jobs into one-another.

Login or Signup to post a comment