Start a new topic

I'm an getting "additional" Open Nets/External errors which I believe are not correct

I'm an getting "additional" Open Nets/External errors which I believe are not correct
1 Comment

[QUOTE]
1    Report Open net to pins which does not have any connection on the design. I did not used some pins on the CPU, or USB connector, nor in schematic or PCB, but your software report them as open net.
2    Report External nets - Net missing on pins without connection ?
[/QUOTE]

The "additional" Open Nets/External errors you referenced, are probably caused by any of the following:
A.  FAB 3000 cannot make up pins; Most likely your IPC netlist does have all of those pins defined and it's simply using the data from your IPC netlist and comparing it against the extracted nets.  FAB 3000 will tell you they are only "warnings" (not errors) and also state they can be dismissed/ignore.  You have the option to UnCheck "Find Missing Copper Locations"  and "Find Missing External Nets" (the default), and will thus alleviate all those extra net warnings.
B.  Netlist does not align with PCB Artwork.
C.  Layer types may not have been defined correctly, thus leading to the potential of an erroneous netlist extraction.
Login or Signup to post a comment