Start a new topic

The silkscreen layer does not show text, just blocks instead of text.

My desktop was recently updated to FAB3000 version 5.3.8. I have started having an issue when I import a DXF. The silkscreen layer does not show text, just blocks instead of text. In my dxf, the fonts used are arial. I have included some pictures. Are there any solutions? This feature "does" work on the other desktops with fab3000. 
1 Comment

When the font appears as "blocks", it means that FAB 3000 cannot find it's font files (*.fnt) on your computer.  I would recommend trying to uninstall and then re-install FAB 3000.  Before installing, try right-clicking the file "fab3000v5.exe", and select "Run as administrator".

Note:  To be Windows compliant, these font files are typically stored in your "Roaming folder".  On my Windows Vista machine here that folder is:
"C:\Users\Main\AppData\Roaming\Numerical Innovations\Fab3000 V5\fonts"   --- it may be different on your computer but this should give you an idea where it is located.

My guess is that the FAB 3000 installer was not allowed to place the font files in the Roaming folder, or perhaps there was some other user permission issue on that computer.

Let us know if this helps.

Login or Signup to post a comment