Start a new topic

I tried to add a drill hit and I followed the instructions; they said to go to the add menu > then drill hits, but there was no drop down drill hit

I tried to add a drill hit and I followed the instructions; they said to go to the add menu > then drill hits, but there was no drop down drill hit
1 Comment

As I used the software yesterday, familiarizing myself, I tried to add a drill hit and I followed the instructions; they said to go to the add menu > then drill hits, but there was no drop down drill hits tab. I need help learning how to add drill hits. My purpose is, after I panelize a board I would like to add the needed tooling holes to the rails. I then would need to output the new panelized drill file. Can you put me in touch with someone that can help?

Excellent question.  To add Drill Hits... you will need to place FAB 3000 into "NC Editor Mode".  What this does is activate all the "Drill and Rout" features that FAB 3000 has available (essentially it just changes the available menu items and some toolbar icons). 

Here are step-by-step instructions showing how to setup

To place FAB 3000 into NC Editor Mode and add drill hit, please perform the following:
(1) Go to menu:  Window | NC Editor Mode.

Note: To add drill hits, you will need to first define the hole diameters.  So go to the NC Table (menu:  Setup | NC Tools Table...) add or verify the drill hole sizes you require are in the NC Tools table.

(2) Lets add a layer to place the drill hits onto.  Go to menu:  Edit | Layers | Add Layer...   and choose layer name and layer Type. 
Note: Choose the layer type as "NC Primary" (this tells FAB 3000 this will be a drill layer).

(3) Go to menu:  Add | Drill Hit..., and select the locations where you would like to add a drill hit.

Note: You can assign the current Tool to used for the drill Hits from the active tool pull-down (located in the middle of the toolbar).

Note: After you have added your drill hits, export as a drill file (menu:  File | Export Drill File..).

Here is an online tutorial (no sound) showing how to setup FAB 3000 and add the Drill Hits:
http://www.screencast.com/users/Numerical/folders/Jing/media/9c4ff5bf-9eb2-44b5-8890-ef1a1889883c

Login or Signup to post a comment