Start a new topic

I’m looking for a program that can convert Autocad file, dwg or dxf format to gerber format and vice versa from gerber to dxf, and has gerber viewer.

I’m looking for a program that can convert Autocad file, dwg or dxf format to gerber format and vice versa from gerber to dxf, and has gerber viewer.
1 Comment

I’m looking for a program that can convert Autocad file, dwg or dxf format to gerber format and vice versa from gerber to dxf, and has gerber viewer built in. My company does not plan in near future to upgrade the Autocad LT to regular AutoCad.  Which of your products will you recommend, ACE3000, FAB3000 or AutoCad ARX Tools?

I would recommend "FAB 3000 Professional"; it is a full-featured gerber editor that can import AutoCAD DWG & DXF files.

To convert AutoCAD to Gerber using FAB 3000:
1. Start FAB 3000, and goto menu:  File | Import | DXF/DWG..., and select your DWG or DXF file.
2. Review options, and press Next...
The DWG is now loaded into FAB 3000 (it is essentially gerber at this stage).  You can perform any viewing or editing that desire and when you're ready to export to gerber, goto menu:  File | Export | Gerber...

Login or Signup to post a comment