Start a new topic

Moving around in FAB 3000

Moving around in FAB 3000

I want to know if there is an easier way to move the view in Fab 3000. I know that I can use the elevators on the edge of the view screen to move the PCB around, or I could drag the little red box that is in the bottom left of the screen to move the board around. But is there a way to use the mouse to "drag" the board around or is there a way to recenter the board and redraw at a selected spot on the board?

"is there a way to use the mouse to "drag" the board around"

You can pan or move around the editor by clicking and holding the middle mouse wheel down. At the same time, drag across the region of the editor to travel in any direction.

You can also use the keyboard arrows to pan left, right, up & down.

"or is there a way to recenter the board"

You can use the "Home" button on the keyboard. Also in the "Setup / Options" menu you can set the middle mouse wheel button to zoom all which will also recenter the board.

"and redraw at a selected spot on the board?"

You can use "zoom window" (icon that looks like a magnifying glass in the "Display" ribbon) or under the "View" menu.

You can also zoom to a specific point in the board using "View / Zoom / Window / to Point" and entering specific coordinates.

You can also zoom in and out by placing your cursor where you want to zoom in or out then using the mouse wheel.

Login or Signup to post a comment