Start a new topic

Just when I try to import this gerber file, there is no progress. ( stop on 0%)

Just when I try to import this gerber file, there is no progress. ( stop on 0%)
Here I attached GERBER file which has problem.
Please check this ASAP.
1 Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is the "entire" PCB image is a "custom aperture".  Typically custom apertures are used to make non-standard shapes (like thermals, targets, etc) but not usually the entire PCB.  Thus each PCB in the Gerber file is a flashed custom aperture.

The Gerber import will work however it will take extremely long time because ACE is not adept at having almost 40,000 shapes embedded into each custom aperture.  I understand the CAM person who created the files knew each PCB image was filled with thousands of lines; so to trick the system and keep gerber files small they converted each PCB into a custom aperture and then inserted them as flashes.   If the Gerber file was simply outputted normally, the resulting Gerber files would be much larger but ACE would instantly import them without issue.

This is an easy modification (as we did not foresee a CAM operator placing an entire PCB into a custom flash) and will optimize the ACE importer to more easily handle custom apertures with over 40,000 shapes. We will update ACE, and have it ready within 72 hours.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Simon
Login or Signup to post a comment