Start a new topic

I get the notification that the conversion was successful but I cannot find the converted files in the specified folder or anywhere in my computer.

I get the notification that the conversion was successful but I cannot find the converted files in the specified folder or anywhere in my computer.
1 Comment

[QUOTE]
Thank you for your kind email. The installation was successful but I still have problem. After converting the GDS files to Gerber I get the notification that the conversion was successful but I cannot find the converted files in the specified folder or anywhere in my computer. Can you please help me with that?
Thanks again,
[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, there would only be 3 reasons that you are not able to find converted the files. 

1.  The folder you have chosen is "Write Protected" or doesn't have write permission (like C:\Program Files\...).  In this case ACE would not be able to save the files there.  Please make sure the folder you are saving to is not write protected.

2.  The folder you have chosen is not a local folder to your computer (i.e. on your hard drive).  If you are attempting to save converted files onto a different Hard drive, Network drive, or other remote location it may not be possible.

3.  Wrong "Top Cell" was selected.  GDSII is a database that is built on hierarchy.  There is no defined top cell, so ACE must guess which cell is the top cell and then export all data found on the top cell.  Use the "Viewer" to verify the correct "Top Cell" is active and then export.

Best regards,
Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment