Start a new topic

My board manufacturer requires that I include a board outline in each of the layers in the layout.

My board manufacturer requires that I include a board outline in each of the layers in the layout.
1 Comment

[QUOTE]Thnks for the input, this worked very well.

I have another question: my board manufacturer requires that I include a board outline in each of the layers in the layout.

Is is possible in ACE3000 to specify that a given layer should be included in all of the gerber output files?[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a specific manufacturer request, as most PCB manufacturers prefer you have the board outline on one layer only - so their CAM doesn't have to delete the borders from each gerber layer.

1.  You can either add the border to each layer - while your in AI and then export to PDF.  Then perform the conversion as normal.

2.  ACE allows you to perform full editing.  So you can draw the boarder on one layer and then have it merged to all other layers.  See my tutorial (I just drew a generic boarder 2" x 1" using polar coordinates):
http://screencast.com/t/YAKm9BM6vF

Note:  Afterwards you can then just export as normal.
Note:  ACE also has a cool feature where after entering the boarder, you can save all your work as an ACE workspace file (*.wrk); and then re-open it up again at a later time.

Best regards,
Simon
Login or Signup to post a comment