Start a new topic

I’m currently using a trial version of ACE 3000, and I’m having problems converting ODB++ to Gerber.

I’m currently using a trial version of ACE 3000, and I’m having problems converting ODB++ to Gerber.
1 Comment

[QUOTE]To Whom it may concern:

I’m currently using a trial version of ACE 3000, and I’m having problems converting ODB++ to Gerber. After selecting the “Import Format”, “Conversion Mode”, “Export Format, and clicking on the “Next” button, the software opens a browser window to select “*.TGZ” file. After selecting the file, the software does not do anything. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Please provide a phone number I can use for technical support.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for contacting me.  Please view my questions/comments below:

1.  My first assumption is file size.  Is the ODB++ file very large?  If yes, please be patient while ACE scans the ODB++ for layers and Steps.

2.  My next assumptions would be the .tgz file is possibly corrupt, not an ODB+++, or the design is stored several folders down in hierarchy.  If possible please try extracting the .tgz file to a folder - if you are unable to extract then the .tgz file is corrupt and you may need to generate a new one.  If it extracts fine, then have ACE 3000 Import the ODB++ by selecting the parent folder that contains these folders:  "matrix" "steps" "symbols" etc.   If ACE 3000 now loads everything fine, then this would mean that the top folder in .tgz is not the parent folder which contains the located as the folders:  "matrix" "steps" "symbols" etc.   ACE will check 2 levels deep in the .tgz for the ODB++ data, if the data is nested further down than you will need to extract the odb++ and import (as explained above).

3.  If there are still problems importing, feel free to send us the sample ODB++ you're using?   We can instantly tell you what's going on.  You may submit a support ticket:
http://www.numericalinnovations.com/pages/customer-support

4.  Lastly, most clients who convert ODB++ to Gerber primarily use FAB 3000 as their tool of choice.  It's a CAM tool that specializes in formats ODB++ and Gerber.  Here's a link to more information:
http://www.numericalinnovations.com/collections/fab-3000-gerber-cam
Login or Signup to post a comment