Start a new topic

BMP file created through ACE but I wanted to figure out how to get a "clear" or "transparent" background instead of white for example.

BMP file created through ACE but I wanted to figure out how to get a "clear" or "transparent" background instead of white for example.
1 Comment

[QUOTE]Yes I was able to successfully convert to an image but we needed the image background to be transparent or clear which I haven't yet found a way to do.
This is because we are trying to overlay a Silkscreen layer on top a 3d cad model. Not giving up...-
[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for evaluating ACE 3000.

If possible what program are you attempting to import the Silkscreen Bitmap file?  For example, are you attempting to load that Bitmap into something like SolidWorks (to overlay it on top of a 3D model)?   In those cases, I would recommend using ACE to convert your Silkscreen Gerber into something like a STL file (which is triangle polygons) that could then be loaded into a 3D modeling software). 

If it's just for imaging purposes, certain graphic editors like Adobe Illustrator will let you assign which image color is the background color (and then it will not load that background image color). 

Keep me updated, and I'll be more than happy to help determine a solution that will work well for you.

Thanks again.

Simon
Login or Signup to post a comment