Start a new topic

DXF to Gerber missing a '0'

I hope it’s ok that I emailed you directly instead of filing a support ticket on your website. Please let me know if you’d prefer me to start there in the future.
I’ve been using your ACE 3000 coverter very successfully for a few months and I have just come across an issue with one of my drawings that I don’t know how to resolve. I have attached a powerpoint to illustrate my problem. There’s one small feature that doesn’t seem to translate to the Gerber file and I’m at a loss. I appreciate you taking a look and steering me in the right direction.
1 Comment

Thanks for taking the time to create a Powerpoint.  Unfortunately I really can answer why unless I can access a same AutoCAD DXF/DWG and see how the geometry of the '0' was constructed.

Feel free to send me any sample file, and I'll be happy to take a look.

Note:  One suggestion for a "Quick Fix" is that inside the ACE Viewer you can actually "Edit" and create your own '0' character (right inside the viewer), and then proceed to export as normal.  So this means you can quickly draw a 0 using menu:  Add | Polygon... and draw the 0;  or use Add Text and draw the text character.  You will need to take advantage of "Composite editing" (this allows you to draw Dark/Clear Fields).  Here's some links from our website about composites:

Login or Signup to post a comment