Start a new topic

Can your program change the datum/ Reference point on a Gerber file.

I have use the trial version once and successfully made some x y theta data. The software seems easy to use. and the you tube video was a grate guide to making the data. Can your program change the datum/ Reference point on a Gerber file. As I found that the datum point on the program made from the x y theta data had a odd datum point. and it made me think every Gerber we get will potentially have a different datum/ reference point so I need a way to standardize the datum point. The easiest way to do this would be to reset each datum to the same point such as the bottom right corner of the board. is this possible?

1 Comment

Yes, FAB 3000 has three methods to change the datum:

1.  Go to the menu:  Setup | Set Origin...,  and choose where ever you would like to set the datum/reference point.

2.  If you have multiple layers all with different datums, try using Align Layers (menu:  Edit | Align Layers).  Essientially all you do is select a similiar reference point on each layer and FAB 3000 will align per your selection.

3.  Lastly the old fashion Move command (menu:  Edit | Move), select the objects and then choose their displacement x,y.

Let me know if that was helpful and if you require any other assistance.

Best regards,
Simon

http://www.numericalinnovations.com/pages/customer-support
Login or Signup to post a comment