Start a new topic

I am trying to work with several Gerber .plt files which are in outline only but the customer want these features to be a solid fill.

I am trying to work with several Gerber .plt files which are in outline only but the customer want these features to be a solid fill. I can't figure out how to make these a solid fill, can you help me out?
1 Comment

I believe those gerbers are the old format RS274D, which also requires manual entry of an aperture file. Please search the ACE 3000 user forum for assistance (or type RS274D in the yellow 'need Help' box.

Hi Simon, It turns out that 8 of the polygons were not joined! I found the answer on your forum, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I am still interested in obtaining the aperture files as I may need them in the future.

You don't need to worry about the apertures as most Gerber files nowadays have the aperture list embedded inside the gerber file itself (this is RS-274X format).  You can verify this by opening the gerber file in any text editor "like notepad.exe" and you'll see the apertures shapes defined in the header.

I was out of the office, so when you said the gerber file looked as outlines I just assumed it was the old gerber file format which required apertures -- but this is not the case.

Note:  If fill is required, those gerber files are actually not outputted correctly.  Luckily ACE has the ability to use the join tool to connect and fill those boundaries. 

Login or Signup to post a comment