Start a new topic

I convert a dxf file to GDSII and found some errors with the Boolean Engine.

1 Comment

We have the version of ACE3000 Professional Version 6.4.9.

I did a Boolean operation (Intersect) and my drawing was been changed in some places.  Could you please tell us how we can pass this problem?

We have some urgency in this issue,please could you give us feedback as soon as possible.

It appears the ACE boolean engine is being confused by the construction of the polygons.  I would recommend that you output polygons as triangles.  See image:
http://screencast.com/t/AGwfQOEvaDTZ

Note:  In general, the Boolean Engine works best when you have polygons that do not "self-intersect" or "touch-itself". 

1. Your design consist of an array of crosses, with tiny rectangles at the center of each cross. Those tiny rectangles are constructed out of "self-touching" polygons.  It would be better if those rectangles were placed on a separate layer.

2. Those crosses do not extend past the circle, but instead they touch the adjacent.  Laying polygons next to each other can causing problems because mathematically speaking there can be a small gap (due to potential rounding errors of floating point variables).

Login or Signup to post a comment