Start a new topic

I'm having difficulty in filling in areas. I tried "join wizard > automatic then de-embed objects " but then I lose some text and part of my schema

I'm having difficulty in filling in areas. I tried "join wizard > automatic then de-embed objects " but then I lose some text and part of my schema
1 Comment

I'm having difficulty in filling in areas. I tried "join wizard > automatic then de-embed objects " but then I lose some text and part of my schematic.

This dxf file is different because it contains thousands of lines filling an area (i.e line hatch).  De-Embedding requires outlines of filled objects (like polygons), and then ACE 3000 determines which polygon fits inside another.

To perform this conversion simply convert everything a 5 mil lines.  See the movie tutorial below:
http://screencast.com/t/dsYQrBiOtbS

Note:  Please keep in mind when performing a DXF conversions, you are supplying the translation tool (i.e ACE) simple objects (like lines, circles, arcs, etc.) without any intelligence or other information on how to perform the conversion.  The cleaner the original DXF data the more easier the conversion will be.  If the lines/arcs are not joined and objects are extruded from 3D objects there may be some minor editing required to reach a final result (ACE provides all the editing capabilities to prepare a mask before final output).

Login or Signup to post a comment