Start a new topic

We modified the pads on a gerber layer that is going to use for creating an stencil, using the SMT Stencil features: Homebase Pads.

We modified the pads on a gerber layer that is going to use for creating an stencil, using the SMT Stencil features: Homebase Pads. There was no major editing on Dcodes and everything looked fine in FAB 3000, but there is an issue for my supplier to view the same gerber file with CAM 350 as I mentioned before. 
1 Comment

Thanks for sending the sample gerber file. Here's what I did...
  1.  I opened the outputted gerber file in a text editor and I reviewed the actual gerber code for the aperture macros used to create the stencil Homebase pads, and they looked fine. 
  2. I loaded the outputted gerber file into FAB 3000 at it looked fine. 
  3. I loaded the outputted gerber file into several gerber viewing tools and it looked fine.
Note: In my opinion this is a parsing error in CAM 350, and perhaps the "pcb supplier" can send "the CAM350 developers" this sample gerber file so they may make the corrections.

If the "pcb supplier" only uses CAM 350 and cannot get past this error, then load the gerbers into FAB 3000, select all round rectangle pads, and the go to menu: Edit | Explode | Flashes...

The will allow FAB 3000 to convert that "Homebase" custom aperture into a simple polygon which should be able to be loaded by any gerber software.

Login or Signup to post a comment