Start a new topic

I have another question about the software: could the software peel off extra layer from the CAD drawing?

Thank you for your detailed instruction, it works well! I have another question about the software: could the software peel off extra layer from the CAD drawing? I have a CAD file with a extra layer sit behind the grid drawing, after the transfer the whole grid section turns in to a solid. Any solution for that?
1 Comment

Thanks for your question.  To get the results you need, use either "Composite Merging" or "De-Embedding". I have included two tutorial movies (no sound) which demonstrate how to perform the conversion:

1. Using composite merge, we take your paint and scratch layers to create one composite layer.

2. Combine all entities onto one layer, and then let ACE 3000 use the De-Embedding feature to determine the metal (filled) or hole (clear).
http://www.screencast.com/users/Numerical/folders/Jing/media/0c4eaf2f-337a-4938-ae69-5fd227d8c61e

Note: Many users find "De-Embedding much easier because they can simply add all metal and holes on the same layer, and ACE 3000 will determine the filling using the De-Embedding (i.e "Alternate" fill rule).
Login or Signup to post a comment