Start a new topic

I am using ACE3000 and I just recognized two issues in creating NC drill file from DXF

I am using ACE3000 and I just recognized two issues in creating NC drill file from DXF:
1. Round holes greater than 160-mil diameter can not be recognized by the software and those holes are not listed in NC drill file.
    I made a 160-mil dia. hole => OK
    Then I made a 180-mil dia. hole and a 200-mil dia. hole => I do not see them in NC drill file
2. Also the oblong holes are not listed in drill file while round and square holes are OK.
1 Comment

ACE outputs a drill hit for each "Gerber Flash" that is contained on the layer that you have checked "Drill" (on the export layers option).

1.  During the Gerber export option, there is an option "Flash Circle/Rect less than (mil)" which is defaulted to 175 mils; you will need to increase this value to 200+  to compensate for the large holes that you have which much be flashed (this will allow the larger drill holes to be included).

2. I'm not sure how the oblong holes are constructed.  If ACE cannot flash them, then it cannot create a drill hit for those shapes.

Note: Most DXF files that require drills, create a separate DXF layer and place all circles with desired diameters on that layer.  During conversion users are able to efficiently output a drill layer that contains all drill hits & proper sizes.

Login or Signup to post a comment