Start a new topic

I could not seem to convert my company logo (which is a jpeg) to GDSII. What do I need to do?

I could not seem to convert my company logo (which is a jpeg) to GDSII. What do I need to do?
1 Comment

To import your image, you just need to adjust the "Background Intensity" (located in Image Import Options).

Start ACE and perform the following:

1. Select Import Format "Image", and Export Format "GDSII".
Note: Verify the PIXEL UNITS you want to use during image import. Specify the proposed units for each pixels physical size. Choose from DPI, Micron, Inch, Millimeter, Centimeter, and more.

2. Click button 'Next', and select your Image file.

3. Adjust the "Background Intensity" to a smaller number like 5 (note the default value is 75).

Background Intensity:
Black and White Images (such as JPEG's from a microscope) incorporate a "grey blending" which leads to very few background pixels actually being black or white. This setting is a ratio which was developed (by Numerical Innovations) to allow pixels with a "grey-scale" similar  to that of the background color to be treated as such.  This setting helps with "automatic recognition" of features, and has proved very useful for Failure Analysts(FA) who need photos taken from microscopic devices, converted back to GDSII or Gerber for comparison purposes against the CAD data.

4. Click Next and review GDSII export options.  Click Next to begin importing the image.

Note: You can view import results by clicking button "CAD Viewer..."

5. Click Next and select a name & location for your GDSII file.

ACE will now output your GDSII file.
Login or Signup to post a comment