Start a new topic

FAB 3000 starts and states Unable To Create Temporary Folder

I've used Fab 3000 at work every day for 2 years.  Today I'm unable to open Fab 3000 and I was hoping you guys would know what to do.  

I had used Fab 3000 several times this morning.  I accidentally closed it out.  When I clicked on the icon to open Fab 3000 again, I received this error.

Have you guys seen this one?  Do you know of any solution?

Deleting the fab3000temp* files solved the problem. Thank you very much!!

FAB 3000 uses the Windows temporary folder to process files, etc.  The temporary temporary folder is located, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

However after 2 years, something now prevents FAB on the same computer from creating it's own temporary folder. I can offer the following suggestions:
  • Right-Click FAB, and select "Run ad administrator...".  Perhaps your user account permissions or something else has changed - maybe talk with IT.
  • Perhaps the temporary folder is full or needs cleanup.  To open your Windows Temporary folder
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows  + R keys at the same time.
  2. In the Open field, type %temp%, then press ENTER. The temp folder will open.

delete temporary files in Windows

Note: All FAB 3000 temporary folders begin with:  fab3000temp* and may be manually deleted.

• Select the option "Allow Multiple Instances" (menu: Setup | Options..., under tab "Misc").  By checking FAB will no longer try to reuse (i.e clean) an existing temporary folder; and create a new unique temporary folder.

Login or Signup to post a comment