Start a new topic

FAB 3000 starts and states Unable To Create Temporary Folder

I've used Fab 3000 at work every day for 2 years.  Today I'm unable to open Fab 3000 and I was hoping you guys would know what to do.  

I had used Fab 3000 several times this morning.  I accidentally closed it out.  When I clicked on the icon to open Fab 3000 again, I received this error.

Have you guys seen this one?  Do you know of any solution?

FAB 3000 uses the Windows temporary folder to process files, etc.  The temporary temporary folder is located, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

However after 2 years, something now prevents FAB on the same computer from creating it's own temporary folder. I can offer the following suggestions:
  • Right-Click FAB, and select "Run ad administrator...".  Perhaps your user account permissions or something else has changed - maybe talk with IT.
  • Perhaps the temporary folder is full or needs cleanup.  To open your Windows Temporary folder
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows  + R keys at the same time.
  2. In the Open field, type %temp%, then press ENTER. The temp folder will open.

delete temporary files in Windows

Note: All FAB 3000 temporary folders begin with:  fab3000temp* and may be manually deleted.

• Select the option "Allow Multiple Instances" (menu: Setup | Options..., under tab "Misc").  By checking FAB will no longer try to reuse (i.e clean) an existing temporary folder; and create a new unique temporary folder.

Deleting the fab3000temp* files solved the problem. Thank you very much!!

Login or Signup to post a comment