Start a new topic

Can I insert an existing Matrix file into my matrix file? I want to reduce the size of my matrix files, and I have many objects that are repeatable.

Yes, you can insert an existing matrix file.  Create an ADD Array, and then use either INSERT_MATRIX or STEPREPEAT_MATRIX.

Note: When inserting a Matrix file, the objects become relative to the insert point. Thus if your matrix file describes a square from 0,0 to 1,1 – and it inserted with coordinates 5,5; the resulting square would be from 5,5 to 6,6.

Note: For more information about INSERT_MATRIX, please view https://numerical-help-guide.s3.amazonaws.com/matrixfile/html/matrix-add-array.html

INSERT_MATRIX=[Matrix File],[Insert X],[Insert Y],[Rotate],[Mirror]
or
INSERT_MATRIX=[Matrix File],[Insert X],[Insert Y],[Rotate],[Mirror],[Active_Layer]

Matrix file - Absolute or Relative path to an existing Matrix file.
Insert X - X coordinate used for the insert point of the Matrix file.
Insert Y - Y coordinate used for the insert point of the Matrix file.
Rotate - Rotation to use when inserting the Matrix file. Measured in Degrees.
Mirror - Flip horizontally the insert matrix file objects. Either True or False.
Active_Layer - Optional. Assign the layer name to be used by the inserted matrix file as the "active" layer.

Example:
INSERT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-1.5,2,30.0,FALSE

Example: Assign the active layer name "layer_4" to be used by the inserted matrix.
INSERT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-1.5,2,30.0,FALSE,layer_4 

STEPREPEAT_MATRIX

Insert an existing matrix file the active cell using Array parameters.
Note: When inserting a Matrix file, the objects become relative to the insert point. Thus if your matrix file describes a square from 0,0 to 1,1 – and it inserted with coordinates 5,5; the resulting square would be from 5,5 to 6,6.

Note: For more information about STEPREPEAT_MATRIX, please view https://numerical-help-guide.s3.amazonaws.com/matrixfile/html/matrix-add-array.html

STEPREPEAT_MATRIX=[Matrix File],[Insert X],[Insert Y],[Row Count],[Column Count],[Row Distance],[Column Distance],[Rotate],[Mirror]
or

STEPREPEAT_MATRIX=[Matrix File],[Insert X],[Insert Y],[Row Count],[Column Count],[Row Distance],[Column Distance],[Rotate],[Mirror],[Active_Layer] 

Matrix file - Absolute or Relative path to an existing Matrix file.
Insert X - X coordinate used for the insert point of the Matrix file.
Insert Y - Y coordinate used for the insert point of the Matrix file.
Row Count - Number of Rows
Column Count - Number of Columns
Row Distance - Distance between Rows
Column Distance - Distance between Columns
Rotate - Rotation to use when inserting the Matrix file. Measured in Degrees.
Mirror - Flip horizontally the insert matrix file objects. Either True or False.
Active_Layer - Optional. Assign the layer name to be used by the inserted matrix file as the "active" layer. 

Example:
STEPREPEAT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-5.5,-4,2,4,-2,-1.4,0,FALSE

Example: 

Assign the active layer name "layer_4" to be used by the inserted matrix. 

STEPREPEAT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-5.5,-4,2,4,-2,-1.4,0,FALSE, layer_4

--------------- Sample Matrix file.

ADD {
CELL=Testboard1
UNITS=INCH
POLYGON=mylayer,9,0,0,10,0,10,8,8,8,8,7,6,7,6,8,0,8,0,0
COMPOSITE=CLEAR
CIRCLE=mylayer,0.25,0.25,0.1,0.05
CIRCLE=mylayer,9.75,7.75,0.1,0.05
RECTANGLE=mylayer,9,4,1.35,2.05,0,0
RECTANGLE2PT=mylayer,0.5,0.5,8,6.5
COMPOSITE=DARK
RECTANGLE2PT=mylayer,6.1,7.1,7.9,8
RECTANGLE=mylayer,9,4,1.15,1.85,0,0
INSERT=job2,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,FALSE
   INSERT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-1.5,2,30.0,FALSE
   INSERT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-1.5,0,45.0,FALSE
   STEPREPEAT_MATRIX=polygon.fm6,-5.5,-4,2,4,-2,-1.4,0,FALSE
}

Note:  Check out a working example of INSERT_MATRIX in the sample matrix file "CreatePanelEmbeddedMatrixandJob.fm6" located in the FAB 3000 examples folder.  Start FAB 3000 and go to menu: File / Import / CAM Matrix..., then select matrix file "CreatePanelEmbeddedMatrixandJob.fm6".

Login or Signup to post a comment